Codex-Ipsa Launcher is an experimental Minecraft launcher, which supports launching multiple editions of the game - Java, MinecraftEdu and Xbox 360, with more to come.
The launcher is currently only supported for Windows.
Download the latest stable version here.
Or you can get the latest development version here.
And if you're feeling really brave, you can get the latest experimental version here.
Source code can be found on Github.
List of features as of v0.2.0:
- Easy-to-edit instances
- Automatic updates
- Microsoft log-in
- Discord Rich-presence
- Manage default Java 8 and 17 installation
- All currently archived versions up to the latest one, including snapshots
- Fixes for old versions, such as:
- Skins and sounds in classic to release 1.5.2
- Skins and sounds for 1.7 and it's snapshots
- 12w18a to 12w21a not being able to download a required server jar
- Connect to servers on Classic and early Alpha
- Automatic assets downloading on 1.6+
- Easy mod management for old versions:
- Built-in mods repository
- Automatic updates for repository mods
- Adding jar mods (Add to minecraft.jar)
- Launching custom minecraft.jar files (Replace minecraft.jar)
- Only a few versions for now, will add more over time
- All versions from the pre-releases up to TU75
- Uses Xenia emulator